Heather Vale Chesterfield
Hourly Rate of Pay
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Heather Vale in Chesterfield is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 39 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (2% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays