Linwood Thames Ditton
Reporting into the Home Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Linwood in Thames Ditton is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 67 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- There is free parking at Linwood
- Linwood received a Top 20 Care Home Group award in 2018
- We are a dementia friendly environment and take pride in promoting independence and person centred care
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Flexibility to be innovative to create dishes and design menus that meet your residents needs
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- The opportunity to lead a small team
- Showcase your talents in our own annual chef of the year competition
- Be a leader in the development of food activities with your residents
- Control of your own budget