Kirkley Lodge Middlesbrough
Hourly Rate of Pay
3 shifts over 7 days, 3 week rotas, must be flexible and willing to cover annual leave and absence if needed.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Kirkley Lodge in Middlesbrough is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 47 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Excellent local amenities within a short walking distance. Shops, cafes, pubs, leisure centre, take-aways
- ‘The Kirkley Suite’ This is used to deliver a vast range of activities and entertainment for our residents
- Access to 2 communal gardens, safe and secure, sensory Garden accessed from Roseberry unit houses raised flower beds
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (2% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays