The desirable applicant would have experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Evidence of significant training, both practical and theoretical, appropriate to the post
- Relevant qualification in health, social care, education or community engagement
- A background in care or a similar customer facing
- Three or more years in a similar role
Reporting into the District Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high quality district resource and support in holistic activities and facilitate best practice sharing, locally and regionally.
- Develop and deliver across the district monthly themed events/days and activity to support the inclusion of national initiatives.
- Identify, recommend and review new resources, initiatives and community initiatives/opportunities to extend/enhance the wellness and activity provision locally and regionally.
- In partnership with operational and cross functional support services colleagues (e.g. dementia specialists, service improvement team, health & safety) respond to opportunities and challenges through the development of new initiatives to drive sustained improvements in customer wellness and activity.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulation & policies in terms of activity provision.
- Identify, utilise and raise awareness of internal and external sources of funding (e.g Legacy Fund) for activities and well-being to benefit customers
- Raise the profile of activities within the homes and externally through media coverage.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Understanding of a holistic approach to wellness and activities and participation taking into account lifestyle and physical and mental health needs (including dementia).
- Knowledge of the care sector and regulation/policies and considerations when developing wellness activities for customers within the sector.
- CQC and the impact of meaningful wellness activities within the inspection process
- Proven track record in delivering a creative and inclusive approach to older peoples wellness and activities
- Experience of developing and delivering themed activities / events capable of engaging a wide audience with differing needs
- Supporting colleagues in the delivery of activities and developing their understanding of activity provision within a care setting
- Sourcing of activity resources to meet the holistic needs of customers and reviewing the impact
- An understanding of the policies/regulations in delivering wellness activities within a care setting
- Ability to engage, influence and motivate colleagues at all levels
- Ability to create and manage relationships to deliver customer focused results
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to network to create partnerships internally and externally
- Ability to support the development, understanding and application of skills amongst a wide range of colleagues
- Basic IT skills
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
25% off Private Healthcare