Hourly Rate of Pay
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Ridgemount in Banstead is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 66 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Ridgemount is located just 2min walking distance from Banstead Town Centre where bus stops are located. Area is nice and quiet. We have on-site parking where staff can park their cars as well
- We support are colleagues with a process that includes arranging regular and frequent meetings to review their work and to provide development and support along their way climbing up that ladder to better themselves. Staff recognition is important in Ridgemount & rewarded each month for staff members going that extra mile in the workplace with employee of the month schemes
- We have been awarded Anchor Inspires Award. Staff and Residents have worked together by planning and then implementing the changes to environment
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays