Up to £54,000
Job Title: Senior External Communications Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: £52k per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
About the role
You will lead the development and implementation of a media relations strategy, which will support the delivery and achievement of Anchor Hanover’s vision and strategic goals. You will provide expert advice to Head of External Communications and Senior Leadership Team on proactive and reactive public relations, building and managing Anchor Hanover’s reputation as a leading provider of care and housing for older people.
In this role, you will develop and maintain an effective press office function to build our reputation in the national, local and specialist media, supporting our positioning as a leading provider of services for older people. You will be supporting the ambition of thought leadership for Anchor Hanover with relevant activities which may include commissioning research and strategic partnerships, etc.
- You will respond to operational functions’ requirements to design and implement profitable PR campaigns across all Anchor Hanover services to agreed sales and cost budgets.
- You will need to work well independently and as a team as you will be expected to work closely with relevant Executive Director, Senior Leadership Team or Communications and Marketing Leadership Team member, to ensure an integrated campaigns-focussed approach and respond to issues.
- You will be educated to Degree level or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience and evidence of continued professional development and a relevant professional qualification is preferred. You will be able to evidence of continued professional development and have a proven track record of responsibility for media relations at a senior level in a customer-facing business, preferably within a regulated environment. You will have previous agency management experience and experience of budget management.
- You will have a strong understanding of media relations and the traditional and new media landscape and a strong awareness of the latest comms and PR trends. You will possess a strong understanding of legal obligations with respect to PR/PA, including GDPR, lobbying and defamation.
- You must be able to work with a large degree of autonomy, managing your own workload and keeping key stakeholders up to date as needed. With this comes the requirement to prioritise and manage multiple projects, issues and stakeholders at any one time.
- You will have professional gravitas to influence stakeholders at a senior level and generally strong skills in negotiation and persuasion. You will understand how to act commercially within a not-for-profit business and act as a role model for Anchor Hanover’s values.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor Hanover Group:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
- 20% off mobile phone contracts
- 25% off Private Healthcare
- Contributory pension, 4% from you and 4% from us