Maple Tree Court Stoke-on-Trent
Hourly Rate of Pay
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Maple Tree Court in Stoke-on-Trent is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 64 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Contemporary care home with wide corridors, four small units, with dining area on each, wide corridors, spacious garden with access from bedrooms and lounges. Pond area with soothing running water. Good access to motorways, good local shops and supermarket
- A friendly and bubbly team supporting with 24 hour care. Always ready to help and support residents and their families. Good connections with professionals and doctors. Dementia friendly environment. All rooms on-suite, with profiling baths available on each corridor. Visitors welcome any time
- Good community relations, inviting the community to be involved in the home. Local church visits regularly. Local school visit and make artwork for the home. Fresh food made daily by the chiefs. Daily activities
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (2% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays