Birchlands Englefield Green
Hourly Rate of Pay
Reporting into the Home Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Planning and facilitating stimulating activities, promoting independence and choice to meet customer needs.
- Controlling and maintaining the stock of activities equipment, materials and resources within a given budget.
- Comply with CQC essential standards and improve the quality of customer’s lives.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Ideally previous experience of organising activities within a care setting.
- Understanding of the types of activities older people enjoy.
- Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace.
- Creative flair with a range of practical skills e.g. arts & crafts.
- Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan a calendar of activities.
- Able to create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic PC skills.
The caring gene is found in people from all walks of life. If you’ve got it, there’s no better place to put it to work than Anchor.
As the largest not-for-profit provider in England, care and housing for older people is our passion. But it’s also our business.
And to help our business grow, not only do we look for people who want to make a meaningful difference to the lives of older people. We arm you with the tools and the support to make sure you can.
And as we go from strength to strength, so will you. With opportunities to develop your skills and take your career forwards through our comprehensive training and qualification programme.
Together we’ll bring security, independence and happiness to the lives of even more people.
At Anchor, we’ll help you do well, so you can help us do good.
Birchlands in Englefield Green is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 52 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
25% off Private Healthcare