Madeleine House Birmingham
Hourly Rate of Pay
Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of Care for the over 55's in the UK and offer Apprenticeship opportunities across England. We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent.
The Anchor Apprenticeship Academy is an exciting programme aimed at young people aged 16-24. Our Apprenticeship gives you the chance to step into a rewarding career in care with industry leading training and development. We recruit based on attitude and potential rather than experience and qualifications. You will benefit from real work experience, a competitive salary and industry leading training towards a vocational qualification. At the same time you can look forward to the making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
Our Apprentices are supported by a strong network of mentors, buddies, ambassadors, assessors and advisors and benefit from In depth industry exposure, quarterly away days, regular feedback and bespoke training opportunities.
Based in one of our Care Homes, you will support our residents to live 'happy lives for the years ahead', whilst enjoying the ongoing support and development you need to grow your skills, knowledge and career with us.
- "No two days are ever the same, which makes this a very challenging and rewarding job. My home manager has been really supportive. I work with another apprentice who has worked alongside me from the start, which is great because we can support each other through our qualification. What I love most about my job is the interaction with the people, seeing them smile, listening to their life stories and in general having a laugh." Ryan Bull, Apprentice.
- This programme gives opportunities to young people, giving them the chance to develop and gain rewarding careers in care.
- "My role is different every day, and it's great to see the joy on a customer's face when we join in with an activity or have a chat about their different life experiences. My confidence has grown so much since I started and I feel I'm part of a great team." Ryan Bull, Apprentice
Madeleine House in Birmingham is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 41 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Free Parking available on site
- Prime location with easy access from lots of areas. 97 and 11 bus route and Stechford train station
- Friendly working environment
As an Apprentice Care Assistant at Anchor you will make a real and positive impact to the lives of older people who have a range of care needs as well as life experiences and personalities that makes every day varied and interesting.
By joining Anchor you will be able to take advantage of our generous employee benefits package which includes:
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (2% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification