Homebased with travel around the Midlands and Yorkshire
Job Title: Construction Delivery Manager (Regeneration)
Location: Homebased with travel around the Midlands and Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
About the role
You will be responsible for all activities required for the progression of Anchor Hanover’s regeneration developments. This includes post planning, commencement of construction on site, the duration of construction and onto handing the project to housing and operational teams.
You will be leading the detailed design process and reviewing contract package with external consultants and stakeholders within Anchor Hanover to ensure that the completed package will deliver a building that is fit for purpose and meets Anchor Hanover guidance and policy requirements. You will ensure that the scope of the design and contract package includes all work required to deliver a successful regeneration project that is a complete scheme ready for customer move ins and can be fully integrated into Anchor Hanover housing and operational teams.
You will project manage numerous construction projects, by monitoring site activities, the performance of the contract, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants on site to ensure project is delivered to the approved budget, timescales and quality standards.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Adhering to Anchor Hanover’ governance requirements in relation to decisions on new developments, making representation as appropriate
- Being an ambassador for Anchor Hanover, representing and promoting the organisation confidently and knowledgeably at every opportunity.
- Demonstrating interest in and understanding of the Development Plan and the wider organisation and takes steps to act consistently with those objectives.
- Instructing and managing external consultant teams and building contractors to deliver the detailed design and tendering of new developments to achieve the entering into of a robust building contract with a suitable contractor.
- Showing ability and willingness to challenge, identify the right solution(s) quickly and to act accordingly
- Ensuring Anchor Hanover standards such as designs guides are delivered at each site and that learnings are recorded, and appropriate amendments made for future build.
- Ensuring always that the needs of existing or displaced residents are assimilated into proposals, design and delivery
You will have project management experience and a track record of delivering residential new builds and refurbishments or regeneration projects. You will have experience of managing development and/or commissioning of new or planned maintenance residential projects.
You will be managing/overseeing construction or planned maintenance projects and managing teams designing buildings in the residential and or retirement housing with care sector. You have experience of delivering design of residential and or retirement or care projects, concluding of contracts with contractors and experience of the site construction of schemes.
You will have a track record of involvement in the technical and commercial aspects of new developments, including control of quality delivery and have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements.
You will understand of the planning application process, compliance with consents and clearance of reserved matters and the legislation that the designers, contractors and operators must comply with in delivering developments in the retirement housing with care sector.
You will have the ability to work on own initiative, being resourceful, achieving deadlines. You will be resilient and able to work well under pressure and manages time effectively and works within agreed timeframes.
You will have a relevant professional qualification, technical, project and/or commercial management preferred. You will be educated to degree level and a PRINCE2 Qualification would be advantageous. You will also have a Full UK driving license.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor Hanover Group:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
- 20% off mobile phone contracts
- 25% off Private Healthcare
- Contributory pension, 4% from you and 4% from us